Click photos to enlarge them.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Autumn Trees

Since I'm at a quilt retreat now, I set this to be posted Tuesday morning.

Our two maple trees in the back yard are finally getting big enough to get the beautiful fall color.   I really waited too long to take the pictures.  They've lost some of the brilliance they had at their peak and really did seem to glow with fire.  It was gloomy for days, and I couldn't wait any longer for the sun to come out or risk a storm taking all the leaves off.


A couple days later the sun did come out, but the color was faded even more.  They're still beatiful, just not what they were.



Fall is my favorite time of year and I get to look at these two gorgeous trees as I sit on my deck reading a book and holding cats.  Ah, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment