Click photos to enlarge them.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pom-Pom Balls and Laundry

Wednesday I went with my Wed friends to the St. Louis Art Museum to see the Monet exhibit.  It was okay, but I'm much more impressed by artists who paint realistic pictures than impressionists.  I feel it takes much more skill and talent to paint a face that really looks like a face than to combine pretty colors on a canvas.  Just my opinion.  We had lunch in the Central West End, a revitalized, trendy older section with lots of restaurants and antique shops.  Ate at Dressler's Restaurant and had a fantastic cheeseburger with onion jelly/jam.  I printed out about 8 recipes from various cooking sites and will be making some next week.  It's like caramelized onions in a sauce.  Awesome!

While I was gone, the cleaning fairies came.  They obviously cleaned under the oven and fridge because this greeted me when I got home.  There were 58 pompom balls, one silk flower and one mouse.

Lilly, Meg, and Cary

I threw a couple handfuls on the floor and after one cat found them, the others sensed fun and came running.  Many are back under the oven.  The rest are scattered throughout the house.





Cary

















Later, I was folding laundry and Cary thought it was a wonderful place to play.  Several of the gang love to play with my socks.  John wears the same brand of sock in a larger size, but they only like my socks.  They take them out of the dirty clothes basket and from next to my bed.  Buster is the main culprit.  Some days I'll find 5 or 6 of my socks littered all over the house.  He probably had a great time doing it.  I guess I have stinkier feet than John.


Cary













Cary
Isn't he adorable?


Lucy and Cary


























Lucy wanted in on the fun.  Cary had just smacked her on the nose.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, poor Lucy. LOL.

    58 pompom balls? 58?! That's a heck of a lot of pompom balls. :-)

    I don't know where the old mice and other toys have disappeared to in this house, over the past decade. There are toys leftover from Chumley's days that I've never found, figure they're under something in the unfinished basement--even though I sweep down there regularly.

    And I love looking at Monet's works. I used to go to Ottawa once in a while, to the National Art Gallery, and make a bee-line for the permanent impressionist exhibit. :-)

    ReplyDelete