Click photos to enlarge them.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Tree We Used to Have

I admit I've been looking for new things to photograph daily for my blog, but what I woke up to this morning, I could have done without.  My beautiful 30' globe willow is now history.  They're fast growing, soft-wooded trees, and we knew when we planted it six years ago that it had about a 15-year life span.  We were going for shade and not longevity.  We've had lots of rain lately and I think the wood got too saturated and heavy.  The tree just spit into thirds like a Bloomin' Onion.  We can't get out the patio door, and the top 4' of branches are against my sewing room windows.  Neither John nor I heard a thing.  I've been wanting a new fence for several years.  This may do it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's a good thing you didn't plant it a few feet closer to the house!!

    ReplyDelete