Click photos to enlarge them.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Marilyn's Diamond Quilt

My friend, Marilyn, and I both wanted to learn to do pantograph patterns on our Handiquilters.  Marilyn came over one day and we practiced on my machine.  Then I went to her house and helped her with her tension, and we practiced some more.  I was complaining that I didn't have a quilt top to practice on.  She was so nice and gave me one of the many tops from her shelf of tops needing to be quilted.  What a good friend she is.  She doesn't know this, but I finished quilting it three nights ago. 

I think it turned out great.  I'm still not that good at following the line, but it's getting easier and better.  Not as good as my free-motion quilting, that's for sure.  It doesn't make much sense that I'm better without following a pattern, does it?  Hope you like it, Marilyn. No, I'm not doing the binding.

Marilyn's quilt
Close up

1 comment: